MUMMIES & MIXERS
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
6:30 PM VIP Hour
7:30-9:30 PM Food, Frights, & Raffle
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE
GET READY TO GET MUMMIFIED!
Mummies & Mixers is back with new frights and delights brought to you by master storyteller Barry Stewart Mann. Your favorite spooky tunes and mouthwatering bites from Atlanta's favorite caterers will accompany face painting by Liquid Sky Entertainment while you capture a GIF of your bewitching costume with Smilebooth and savor tantalizing specialty cocktails crafted by Julian Goglia (of The Mercury, The Pinewood Tippling Room, and Proof Cocktail Syrups). Party with your favorite ghouls and fiends at the Carlos Museum's premiere fall event!
Attendees seeking a bigger thrill can purchase tickets as host committee members, providing early access to the event, a champagne toast in the Rotunda, and a special tour of Divine Feliines: Cats of Ancient Egypt with Carlos Museum curator Dr. Melinda Hartwig.
Pre-Sale Event Tickets - NOW ON SALE
General Admission - $40
Alumni/Staff/Faculty - $35
Museum Members - $30
Each Mummies & Mixers ticket includes:
- Admission to Mummies & Mixers at the Michael C. Carlos Museum
- Access to the permanent and special exhibition galleries with docents
- Delicious appetizers and heavy hors d’oeuvres from some of Atlanta's favorite caterers
- Signature cocktails mixed by Atlanta's own Julian Goglia (The Mercury, The Pinewood Tippling Room, and Proof Cocktail Syrups)
- Face painting inspired by the ancient Egyptians provided by Liquid Sky Entertainment
- Frightful tales told by master storyteller Barry Stewart Mann
- A chance to purchase tickets for our exciting raffle (see details below)
- The opportunity to show off your best Halloween costume a few days early! (Attendees wearing costumes may receive an extra perk at the event - wear yours to find out!*)
Host Committee (VIP Access) - SOLD OUT
Individual - $55
Couple - $100
Each Host Committee level ticket includes:
- Admission to Mummies & Mixers, including food, beverages, and activities
- VIP Hour access starting at 6:30pm
- One raffle entry per person (additional tickets are available for purchase)
- Champagne toast in the Rotunda (during VIP hour)
- Exclusive tour of the Egyptian galleries with Dr. Melinda Hartwig, Michael C. Carlos Museum Curator of Ancient Egyptian, Nubian, and Near Eastern Art (during VIP hour)
- Credit on signage at the event as a supporter of Mummies & Mixers
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-727-2623 with any burning questions or bewitching feedback.
*For the safety of our objects and galleries, attendees wearing especially large or cumbersome costumes (wide skirts, wings, large props, etc.) may be asked to remove or restrict the motion of parts of their attire in order to enter the galleries.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Our raffle is sure to satisfy! Purchase your raffle entries online when you buy your event ticket or buy additional entries the night of the event.
Got a love for games? Get ready to hit your new high score at Atlanta’s first Game Bar, Battle & Brew! A $50 gift card will set you up in style with their huge list of console, PC, board, and card games, as well as access to their delicious menu of elevated, geekified bar favorites. Complete your look with two Battle & Brew t-shirts (one standard cut and one fitted) that’ll have everyone saying “Now you’re thinking with portals!”
Enjoy your favorite beverage alongside this vintage set of six hand-painted Japanese cups and saucers. Known as Satsuma-ware, this set was produced in Kyoto in the early 1900s and depicts enlightened Buddhists known as rakan, who are accompanied by an air dragon ascending to heaven.
Ceramic set donated by Merrily Baird.
This vintage Chinese necklace is composed of ceramic and glass beads accompanied by carved seed beads of louhan (enlightened Buddhists) heads, as would have been used on a rosary necklace. The endless strand can easily be doubled around the neck.
Donated by Merrily Baird
Mummies & Mixers is grateful for the support of our sponsors!
Bold Catering & Design
C. Parks Catering
Dennis Dean Catering
Ocean Catering Company
Sun In My Belly