After a long closure due to COVID-19, we are pleased to welcome you back to the Michael C. Carlos Museum! Your health and safety remain our top priorities as we reopen in accordance with the guidelines of Emory University.
At this time, all public programs and all K-12 school tours will continue to be virtual.
How to visit
To keep density low, all visitors must make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance of their proposed visit. Visitors 15 years of age and older will be required to complete a brief health questionnaire, which they will be emailed within 24 hours, before receiving confirmation of the reservation.
Click the box below to begin the reservation process. Please call 404-727-2163 Monday-Friday, 10 AM-4 PM, with questions.
Tickets may be purchased upon arrival.
*Emory students, faculty, and staff may check in with an Emory ID.
- Face coverings and six-foot physical distancing are required of visitors and museum staff. Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitation stations have been placed on all levels of the museum.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at all information desks and cashier stations.
- A one-way route has been marked through the museum to aid with traffic flow.
- The museum is cleaned and sanitized continuously and misted daily to disinfect all public spaces.
- The elevator is reserved for persons with disabilities or families with a stroller and is limited to one person or family group at a time.
- The Museum Bookshop is open for in-store shopping by prescheduled appointment and also offers mail-order purchases for curbside pickup or shipment. (See below for more information.)
- Ebrik Coffee Rooms is serving to go options only.
- Museum staff members are required to monitor their health daily.
Q. For how many people may I make a reservation?
A. One person may make a reservation for up to five others. Two reservations will be needed for larger groups.
Q. How do I fill out the health questionnaire?
A. Emory University will send an email with a link to the health questionnaire which should be completed by each visitor over the age of 15 must.
If you do not see an email, please check your inbox (as well as your junk mail or spam folders) for an email with the subject line "RTC - Return to Campus System." Please note it may take a few days for the email to arrive but in order to ease the check-in process, we do ask that you complete the form prior to arriving at the Museum. Thank you!
Q. Are children welcome?
A. Yes, children are welcome to visit. Children over the age of two are required to wear a face-covering in the museum.
Q. Are audio guides and SmARTy Packs available?
A. Usage of audio guides, as well as iPads within the galleries, has been temporarily suspended. SmARTy Pack activities have been adapted with single-use materials and are available for check out at the reception desk.
Q. How long is my reservation and health questionnaire valid?
A. Reservations must be used on the day for which they are made. A new reservation and health questionnaire are required for each visit to the museum.
Q. Are tours available?
A. At this time, all public tours remain suspended. If you are interested in a virtual tour for a K-12 or adult group, please contact Katie Ericson at email@example.com.
Q. How can I make a purchase from the Museum Bookshop?
A. We can now allow the Emory community and the general public to shop in the bookshop by pre-scheduled appointment only. Contact Bookshop Manager Mark Burell at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to schedule your visit. A completed university health questionnaire and mask are required for entry. Maximum one customer, or two same-household visitors, allowed in the store at one time.
The Museum Bookshop is also processing sales by mail order for curbside pickup or shipment. Visit the Bookshop’s webpage for more information to see a selection of bestselling books and gifts available by mail order.